Living at the WIHN has been, overall, a really great experience. WIHN management is very open and responsive. The location is incredible, the Senate Square apartments are extremely nice, and each apartments comes with all the furnishing and appliances you need to just move right in and feel at home. I would definitely recommend WIHN housing to anyone who is interning in DC, especially for a short period of time. The price is well worth it. Your are in an extremely central location (steps from the metro and grocery store) plus you don't have to worry about buying things for an apartment that you're only going to move out of in a few months. If you move to Senate Square, don't forget to check out the rooftop at night to see the incredible view of the Capitol and the Washington Monument!
My time at the WIHN was a fantastic experience! With its central location, great access to metro, grocery store, and night life while still being able to walk to work, I would highly recommend staying here. Senate Square apartments are beautiful, well managed, maintenance problems are taken care of quickly. The friendships I have made with my roommates will last well beyond my internship. I enjoyed cable, wifi, a washer/dryer, first-rate appliances, and an extremely comfy couch. It is definitely well worth the price!
My experience with WIHN housing has been overall positive and highly recommendable.
The location of the house was very central and convenient, located two blocks from the grocery store, easy walking distance from 2 metro stops on the Red line, about a 15 minute walk to the Senate buildings and a 25 minute walk to the House office buildings. It was also close to several bars and restaurants as well as the popular H St Corridor.
The house itself was quite spacious and comfortable, despite the number of people living in it. The entire ground floor was an open common area, with a complete kitchen, dining area, and entertainment area. Although the bedrooms felt somewhat cramped at times, there was ample space in the closets and bathrooms for everyone. The home felt very secure, well furnished, and was professionally cleaned one each month.
WIHN management and maintenance were always very helpful and quick to respond to any question or issue, even after business hours and on weekends.
The cost of living in WIHN housing is as reasonable as can be expected in a city as expensive as Washington, especially considering that the living spaces come fully furnished, with all utilities and WiFi included, and with no long term lease commitment. In addition, WIHN maintenance responds to all requests generally within just a couple of days, and are available immediately to fix any more urgent problems at no extra cost to the residents.
Overall, I would highly recommend WIHN housing to anyone looking for comfortable, convenient, and reasonably priced short term housing in Washington, DC.
Staying at Senate Square with the WIHN was a phenomenal experience!
- Management/Hospitality: Melanie went above and beyond! From solving any problems that may have arose, to simple apartment fixes like lightbulbs and wifi, she was extremely speedy and responsive. She even welcomed our unit with household essentials! Having Melanie as a resource helped the living experience tremendously.
- Location: In the heart of NOMA. Right across from Union Station(metro), and walking distance to restaurants and bars.
- Price: Initially may seem expensive, but overall worth the cost when factoring in furnishings, appliances, all bills paid, location, & amenities. You end up saving money!
- Amenities: These were the icing on the cake! A movie theater, 24/7 concierge, dry cleaning service, and monthly complimentary housekeeping just to name a few.
If you want to do intern housing the right way, WIHN is the way to go!
Very accommodating and centrally located. The appliances and furniture were all brand new and high quality. Staff were prompt and helpful when asked for assistance. They made arrangements quick and simple when I was in a time crunch. It was a pleasure to use WIHN for my summer internship housing
The Washington Intern Housing Network has well over a dozen properties under management in locations throughout the city. We have strict criteria for properties that we allow to a part of our network.
Our homes & condo units must meet the following stringent demands;
- Within 4 blocks of a metro station
- Was built (or at least renovated) in the last ten years
- Within walking distance to supermarkets or grocery stores
- Features spacious bedrooms
- We prefer Capitol Hill (NoMa, H Street, Eastern Market sub neighborhoods) but will consider all locations
The WIHN doesn’t own, manage or maintain a property or apartment/condo unit measuring less than 1300 sq ft. and insist upon keeping a 3 tenant to one full bath ratio at all times regardless of the number of bedrooms.
Learn more about the areas of the city where we operate properties by choosing from the links below.
Below are just a few examples of floor plans that are in use by The WIHN: